Sunday, August 14, 2011

fresh picked sweet corn for sale!!!

For any of you that are in the area we have delicious sweet corn for sale!
We had planted three different maturities this year and the first one was ready while we were on vacation last week.  
And the darn raccoons had a hey day in the corn field!
We don't want them to get this patch, so my daughter has set up shop outside! 

For those of you who love the taste of sweetcorn and wish that you could have it year round....now is the time to buy it and put it up and freeze it for the winter. 
Nothing is better than having fresh sweet corn for Thanksgiving dinner!
See my post from last year 
 http://frenchhenfarm.blogspot.com/2010/08/sweet-corn-season.html 
for directions on how to put corn up.



 I had some for lunch and it is delicious!!
Bakers dozen (13) for $4!
She has already had three sales in five minutes!!  

6 comments:

  1. Love your daughter's little corn stand! I know what you mean about the racoons...they, and their chipmunk friends, got most of our garden this year...bad boys!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is so cute. That is the cheapest I have seen for corn. Wish I was closer. What is it with the raccoons this year. There seem to more than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Wish I was closer. That is a great price on corn! The deer jumped our fence and ate all of our tomatoes and blossoms on my beans. This is the first year this has happened since I have lived here. We've only had a few tomatoes so far to enjoy. Your daughter I am sure is a super corn salesperson!~Hugs,Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had many sales. I heard lots of critters eating the produce stories this weekend. We all must be doing something right in our gardens. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest post! I love that your daughter is out manning the stand. I wish I was there because I would come get a bundle and put it up! It is hard to go on vacation when you are a grower! You just have to be prepared for a chicken and plantings to die. :)
    xo
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!!! I just put up a bunch out of our garden. There is nothing better!!

    ReplyDelete