Saturday, December 15, 2012

gentlemen...start your engines.....

One of the sweet treats my daughter and I made for the sale were these little candy Santa sleighs.
You can pick what ever candy you like and create lovely little gifts that are great for the kids to give to each other or sweet little teacher gifts.
Start with a full size candy bar and hot glue the candy cane sled rails (as you see at the bottom of this picture).  I used my two favorites: Reese's and Kit Kats. 
I secure the rails with a little extra hot glue on the sides.
Then pile up the mini candy bars.  Add a  pretty ribbon and a little bow.  
I finished mine off with these cute little chocolate Santa's I found at Aldi's.
 And yes,  a glass of wine is always nice to accompany any creation :)

4 comments:

  1. I am so going to steal this idea. Those are darling!!!! I hope I can find the little Santas cuz those really "make" the sleigh- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I may try this for my nursery crowd at church (to take home) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are doing this as an activity at the LifeCare Christmas party for our clients to take home or give as a gift.

    ReplyDelete