Monday, February 21, 2011

tea stain hangtags

My daughter and I make ALOT of tea dyed hangtags.  We make pretty hangtags out of them for gifts.  We also use these for all our price tags at the sale.
I actually don't use tea - I use coffee.  Instant coffee.  It works much faster.
I just pour some coffee into a pan of water.  Let the tags soak for a few minutes.  Longer if you want them darker.  Put them on a cookie sheet.  Put them in the oven on very low heat - just enough to dry them out quickly. 
Check them every few minutes.  Once they are dried (they will start to curl up) I pull them out, let them cool and bag them up.

My daughter and will stamp them and glitter them for pretty tags for gifts.

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea and have bookmarked it. I have been using a tea colored rubber stamp and tiny cosmetic sponge to "tea dye" my tags but it takes forever...your way will be a lot faster! (I make bookmarks as little gifts the same way...those will now be faster too.) Thanks for posting this.
    Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this great idea! I am going to use it! xo Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! This is going to be on my things to craft list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew it could be so easy? Love this.

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. THanks! Where do you get your hangtags?

    ReplyDelete