Monday, January 17, 2011

Addictive Turtle Treats!



Here is a treat -that my sister makes- that my family loves!!!!

Please be warned - if you start eating these- you can not stop.  
They are addictive.  
(As are most of the things she makes...more Becky recipes to come...)
For those of you who have today off (lucky ducks!) , they are quick and easy to make!

Turtle Treats

Ingredients

  • 20 small mini pretzels
  • 20 chocolate covered caramel candies - becky uses dove caramel candies
  • 20 pecan halves

Directions

1.     Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).

  2.     Arrange the pretzels in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet (if you don't have parchment you can  use wax paper). Place one chocolate covered caramel candy on each pretzel.
  3.     Bake for 3 1/2 minutes. While the candy is warm, press a pecan half onto each candy covered pretzel. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

     When done, you can drizzle with melted chocolate if you want!

     Enjoy - but remember I warned you - you can not eat just one!

3 comments:

  1. Linda, Stop tempting me! I am addicted to Esther Price turtle candies so these would probably be very, very easy to chow down on! Yummers.
    I am trying to be good, but it is so hard! I will copy the recipe for later, though. You know, when I'm skinny and can afford it! LOL (might be a long time coming...) hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turtles are my hubs faves, so I will need to make these for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Linda, we make these too!! Now you've got me wanting some! :-)

    ReplyDelete