Monday, December 19, 2011

religious medals

I have been collecting religious medals and rosaries for many years.  
I am now making them into something very special.  

I love the fact that they have all been hand touched, and cherished for so many years.  
They have a magical sense about them.  
I try to imagine who held them in their church service or during times of trouble, times of joy.
I am making special gifts this Holiday.  They are really two gifts in one.  
The first is a beautiful charm bracelet.  
The bracelet is made of many, many vintage religious charms and medallions, buttons, pearls and baubles and bits.


Added to it, is additional length so that you can wear it as a necklace.  
Each necklace contains a piece of vintage rosary beads.
In addition each piece will contain a vintage four leaf clover button or charm for added extra good luck for the wearer!
A perfect way to bring in the New Year, with a very lucky, blessed new gift for you or a loved one!
I will be listing these and a few others in our Etsy shop this week. 


PS...5 more days until our drawing for the Annie Sloan Chalk paint Giveaway!


3 comments:

  1. Those are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fabulous!

    Merry Christmas sweetie and have a blessed New Year!

    Big hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minus the crucifix, the charm bracelet you made is quite stunning. Is that a Saint Benedict Medal on one end? I used to have one of those, but then I had given it to my nephew last October, when he had his first Holy Communion.


    Mannes Carman

    ReplyDelete