Wednesday, June 8, 2011

you never know what you'll find!

I bought this pair of candlesticks a while ago.
I'm not sure if I got these at an auction or a yard sale.  
I do remember I only paid about a buck for them.  
I bought them because I thought they were pretty.
I was ready to list them on etsy for about $20.  I thought that would be a great profit for them.
Since I have a lot of time on my hands right now,  I thought I would do a little research, so I cleaned them up and researched the markings.
Well, glad I took a little more time and researched these!  
Come to find out they are worth between $300-$500!
I have a couple other things that I researched this week that I will share with you.  
It pays to do a little research!

I would call this one a pretty good find!

5 comments:

  1. OMG. What a FIND! I would say that you got your moneys worth! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooo Hooooooooooooo!!

    Love finds like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! I guess you just never know what treasure's are in your possession!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I love when that happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's some find! Always keep looking. People pass things on to family members, and they then pass them on, and soon no one knows what they are worth or where they came from..until someone like YOU who can value what some others think of as trash!

    ReplyDelete