Sunday, June 26, 2011

vintage apothercary...


Some other things I have come across were thee three little boxes of old apothecary things.
Perhaps they came out of someones medicine cabinet?
The first box was definitely medicine cabinet.  
But some really cool packaging ideas.  
Most of these things still had the ointments an potions still in them.
Then there was the beauty box.  
My favorite was the hair curler.  How did that work??!
I also liked the bakelite ring boxes.  
I wonder if an engagement ring came in one of those?
Then the last box was the perfume box. 
Such beautiful small petite bottles. 
Each bottle was a work of art.  
You don't get anything like that anymore.  
And those that still have labels were so beautiful!
I especially love the Colgate one that was still in the box and still had perfume in it.  
Must have been especially special! 
 I love the scents too.  
They were so pure and innocent, not the complex scents of today

3 comments:

  1. Wow! There are some wonderful treasures here. I feel old though, because I remember the Bayer aspirin tin from my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful find!! I would be shocked to find something like that!! Stuff like that can be hard to come by here in Florida!! And if you can find it, it comes with a big price tag!!

    Lucky you!!
    Have a fab week!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up on all your posts!!! Glad you're recovery is going well... Just LoVe all the ViNtaGe Bottle Pics!!!
    Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

    ReplyDelete