Saturday, February 25, 2012

black and brown

Have you ever found a piece that you love the finish of what it was, but there is no way to restore that all over (at least I am not sure how to)
I came across this pretty little buffet and china cabinet.
It had some really pretty burled wood in some areas.  I decided to let that wood show through where it was pretty and paint up the rest.
I really love the combination of black and brown together I think it is really rich.
Here are a couple before and afters....



 I think the burled wood was so pretty on the doors, but it was so damaged in other places.  I was lucky both the doors survived the years!


3 comments:

  1. Great job. I love that combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a genius! I don't know how you do what you do, but I always love the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you've done with these pieces. I've been painting pieces black of late... we must be in a black phase. I like to sand and let wood edges come through. Will there be another sale near Mother's Day again.. not that I'm excited or looking forward to it much!

    Hugs, sherry

    ReplyDelete