Thursday, October 28, 2010

the power of positive thinking

While I was out this morning walking the dog on this cold, windy October day,  I noticed this one sweet little rose.
She wasn't the prettiest rose I had seen, but for a cold October morning she was beautiful, and there was a little bud of a new rose to come next to her. 
The rest of the gardens are long gone and are in the process of being cut back for winter.  
But this wonderful pink little rose is still there!
I wanted to write this blog in honor of breast cancer awareness month.
Breast cancer is something that I am very familiar with.
My grandma had it.
My mother had it.
My baby sister had it.
All survived, in part, to their positive thinking.
What great role models I have had all my life.  
Women who ALWAYS looked at the glass half full, not half empty.  
Women who always found something to feel blessed by every day of their lives. 
Women who always remained positive , even in their darkest, scariest hours.
Grandma lived to be in her 90's.
Mom is having the time of her life, now at age 82.
Little sister is preparing for her first child.
And my little rose is a sign of that willpower, positive thinking, and to always find something beautiful in your life every day!
Please make your breast check up appointment today if you haven't already.
And look for all the wonderful blessings in your life today and every day!
Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. WHAT WONDERFUL WORDS !
    THANK YOU !
    ENJOY THIS COOL FALL DAY !
    WARMLY
    JANET

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindy,

    Thanks for reminding me to stop and smell the roses. : )

    Congrats to Becky! That's wonderful news!

    Xo,

    Win

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and thought provoking post. I've known four girls who have battled breast cancer, all in their 30's. That little rosebud reminds me of them as their battle came to an end and the word remission took over their lives! One of the best evenings of my life was at a "survivors celebration" for my friend. It was truly a joyful event and worthy of celebration!! Thinking of all the ladies in your family and wishing them continued wellness!

    Hugs

    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post! I'm so excited for Becky!

    ReplyDelete