Saturday, November 5, 2011

i had to have it...

Ever see that thing that you just HAVE to have? 
You leave the store and you continue to think about it?


When we were in New England we stopped at a shop and they had this beautiful thick chunky french botanical book.  
As you know I am a Francophile, and I used to be a Master Gardener, so this was a combination of two of my loves!  


(Francophile [ˈfræŋkəʊˌfaɪl]Francophil [ˈfræŋkəʊfɪl] (sometimes not capital)
n
a person who admires France and the French
adj
marked by or possessing admiration of France and the French)


It wasn't priced, so I asked how much?
The owner wasn't there and the shop keeper didn't even know if it was for sale.... 
What?  Not for sale?!  Surely, there is a price for everything!?
So, I left my card and told them I would be by in the morning.
We went back in the morning, still no answer on a price.  
I left the store in a slump :(
Then we decided to have breakfast in the area, rather than moving along on our trip. 
My phone rang!  "Yes, she will sell it!" I was told!
So we ran over to the store before we left town and I got this wonderful book!
It has beautiful illustrations...


It's one of my favorite things!
Now I just have to learn to read it!

1 comment: