Sunday, July 10, 2011

grandpa's cabin

As I mentioned in my previous post, we took a trip to Grandpa's hunting cabin.  
It's located in a very remote area of south-eastern Ohio.
It was nice to get away with the kids.  
No cell phone reception.  No computer.  
So, no Facebook and no texting :) :) :)
Just family time.  Quiet time.
The cabin is simple and beautiful.   On 89 acres of wooded land. 
During the Fall, it is occupied with Grandpa, my hubby and son and a bunch of Grandpa's hunting friends.
Unfortunately, Grandpa wasn't able to join us :(
But it was still very nice.....  just us....




....well... and all these guys....


......and these guys too!......

But ....my favorite is the one across the room smiling at all of them!


6 comments:

  1. LOL! Now that smiling deer head is a hoot! Looks like a lovely place to be with your family.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice quite place to relax and kick back. My husband is a deer hunter also, so I can relate to the deer heads. (Did you feel like someone was aways watching you?) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny! I have never seen one like that before! I live in Zanesville and there are a lot of hunters in this part of the state! Your grandpas's cabin looks like a nice little escape for you and your family!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha..Love the smiling deer..

    The room looks like my nephews living room! (I should try and make the deer head for him)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a fun time down at the cabin, Linda. So peaceful and serene...
    Hope you're doing okay. And if you think you'd like to meet us on Saturday, let me know!
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last trophy is the best!! Lovely cabin bet you had a great time without electronics!

    ReplyDelete