Monday, July 18, 2011

flying solo...

So, my daughter has been helping me paint and I finally decided it was time for her to do her own piece!
She really loved this color Emile.  Its a pretty dusty lavendar color.  
She liked the color and the name!
So, she got to paint this one all by herself.  This illustrates how simple the chalk paint is.


 We decided it needed some really pretty hardware.  
I feel like the hardware is the finishing touch, the jewelry that really makes a piece. 
In this case the hardware cost more than the piece did!
We chose to put really special pulls on the first drawer and then a simpler pull on the rest of the drawers.  
They all matched in the color of the glass . 
(Yes we are missing the last pull- I have to find it over at the barn!)
I think I have mentioned before, Hobby Lobby is THE place to get your hardware. 
 Just watch the ads and buy it when it is half off.


I think she did a pretty good job! 

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! My paint is suppose to come today and I have my desk ready! I agree on Hobby Lobby being the go to place for knobs. They were half off the week before last, so hopefully when the desk is done they will be on sale again. Have a great week Linda!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did great. I love that color. Last week-end at the Buckeye Bloggers get together we went to a place that sold the paint. They had so many peieces painted with it. It was fun seeing all the colors. IS there any places around here that sell the paint. You need to join us sometime.....we have a wild and crazy time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely shade!! It turned out so beautifully!! Gotta check into getting some of the chalk paint!!
    Have a lovely week!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter did a great job...the talent must be genetic:-) We don't have a Hobby Lobby here...wish we did. Amazing transformation...
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete